stepping on dog crap, that sucks. stepping on human feces, that's fallacious. welcome to my world. wipe your feet.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

telenovela

One cannot ignore that I have been neglecting my blog. I have been busy with work, reading fiction and writing essays about them, and necking with SB (the significance of that statement will make itself apparent in a different blog entry). And because I no longer have an outlet, words reserved for narrative telling discovered a new escape route – email correspondence.

Since the invention of boundaries and air travel, the world’s population has been divided into two: 1) those who leave and 2) those who are left behind. Tricia, who’s a good friend of mine from high school, is part of that first group and is now residing in The Big Apple (I’m trying to revive the use of US city monikers. Watch out, Grossy – the Windy City is next.). This is my response to an email she sent me a few months back:

how are things? malamang masaya ka diyan. kwento ka na lang kung Mrs Bare ka na. two minutes na akong nakatitig sa monitor and i can't think of what to write. it's hard to recover the pieces of the lives we once knew - where does one start? we were used to having each other around, just a phone call or text away. now, we're just one ocean away. what do you say to someone who lives beyond your own milieu? whose voice and writing seem unfamiliar, alien to you as a result of chosen paths no longer diverging in a common tract of land called friendship? i can just imagine meeting you in a cafe after years of not seeing each other, and after the surge of excitement subsides we will find ourselves fiddling with the nearest utensil, staring blankly at the bottom of the empty coffee mug thinking why have i ran out of things to say. i don't mean to sound depressing, i'm just trying to address the inevitable.


first of all, who uses "milieu?"

and "second of all," I’m such a girl (and apparently a misogynist, too). Never knew I had a flair for the dramatic. I sound like Camille from Sana Maulit Muli – "Traydor ka, Jasmine! Traydor ka! Bakit mo inahas sa ‘kin si Travis? Bakit?" We know the repetition is for emphasis but I’d rather she translated the reiteration –

Bakit mo inahas sa ‘kin si Travis?

[pause]

Why?


(and to those who are wondering – this is not an embittered attempt to discourage any correspondence between the two groups mentioned. I welcome any queries regarding how I’m doing, etc. “Recovering the pieces of the lives we once knew” is as easy as writing in one’s blog. Wow. Fropound.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ikaw lang talaga ang nagsusulat ng
ganyan. tama na yan, baka di ka
respetuhin ng mga icocoach mo. hehe.
bakit may mga personal ads dito sa
blog mo? ;p

5:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Recovering the pieces of the lives we once new?" "we once NEW?" or "we once KNEW?" Did you get the foof your ate sent? :)

-Anama

1:25 PM

 
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Oy, pamatay sa mga chicks ang ganyan magsulat.

"i can just imagine meeting you in a cafe after years of not seeing each other, and after the surge of excitement subsides we will find ourselves fiddling with the nearest utensil, staring blankly at the bottom of the empty coffee mug thinking why have i ran out of things to say."

Wow. Ma-email nga sa ex-boylets ko.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Pasig Raver said...

thanks, anama. kelangan ko ng editor. and nakuha ko na yung foof. di ko rin nagamit, ginawa ko na lang mejas para sa big toe ko.

3:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think im inlove with you...

10:48 AM

 
Blogger a.diaz said...

jeez i think i am __ with you
staring at your face for nine days and suddenly not seeing it again
haaay

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was looking on
Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thank you
for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the
theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and
also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I
will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the superb b.


Also visit my weblog Zahngold Rechner

2:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home