stepping on dog crap, that sucks. stepping on human feces, that's fallacious. welcome to my world. wipe your feet.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Portent*

everyone's writing about the tsunami or series of tsunamis that hit south asia last december. the highly ominous nature of that event was even suggested - the sky is falling, or whatnot. they could be right. life on earth, as we know it, is coming to an end.

i submitted my CW199 (research) critical paper, the intro to my thesis, last monday. that paper was long overdue, the deadline our professor, Paolo Manalo, gave us was almost a year ago - March 2004. he gave me an INC (as long as your grades are good enough, the department gives you a year to complete that subject) and the same greeting each and everytime we ran into each other ("O, Patrick, paper mo?"). this went on for the whole semester (1st AY 04-05), with my ubiquitous reply - blink-free, of course - "Sir, next week." i texted (an accepted verb, i believe) him after dropping my paper off at DECL, informing him of my completion. to which he replied:

[Oh no, may tsunami ba today? Lilindol ba ngayon? Tatama ba ako sa lotto? Himala! Walang himala!]

asar talo \'a-ser 'ta-loh\ n 1 : one who is made to feel like a jackass and has no one to blame but himself 2 : UNGAS

he is right. the sky is falling.


* - alternative title: "To Sir, with Love"

8 Comments:

Blogger categorically imperative said...

hey, somebody showed me a pic of yours, dude you're hot!

10:00 AM

 
Blogger Pasig Raver said...

sabi ko na nga ba magugunaw na talaga ang mundo...

categorically imperative - you have to tell me which picture of me you saw (and who showed you the pic, pang-blotter lang), so i can tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

pero feeling talaga ako kahit kailan, so i'll just go ahead and express my utmost gratitude. "thanks, ha." (haba ng hair)

1:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous-lee says:

i'm the guilty party! gwaping kasi pix mo e! it's the pix that you gave to utol (big mistake!) he3x! :P

(then again, we all know how weird things make-up can do to one's face... hmm, too much info...) :P

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Pasig Raver said...

lee - malabo diyan na dala-dala mo yung pic ko. bigyan mo rin ako ng pic mo para quits tayo. pauso natin, mga "dudeparetol" na may pics ng isa't isa. (tinayuan ako... ng balahibo. cringe factor.)

11:34 AM

 
Blogger categorically imperative said...

Yep, Lee carries your pic in his wallet all the time. In fairness, ikaw lang naman ang boy dun. All the other pics are of older men. Joke lang Lee!!!

1:32 PM

 
Blogger Kitty Litter said...

uyy, matinee idol na sya! nga pala, nagtapos ka na ba sa'kin? nauulianin na ata ako.

in retrospect the second sentence sounds obscene (alliteration!) madalas ata ako madulas sa blog comments mo

i will stop now before i choke on the foot in my mouth.

oh, and something that made me laugh:

"Over there on the farm, is where I live with my father and mother and both parents and sibling.... My primal job (note from me: when it's time to slaughter chickens) is to hold the chicken's throat and I choke the chicken..."

hwehwehwe

>^..^<

10:21 AM

 
Blogger Bambi said...

haha!!! uuuy... maraming fans! hehe. pati si lee nabading tuloy (buking ka na lee!!! mwahahahahaahah!!!!!!)

uy, sige, i'll give you a pic of lee. kelangan nyo ba ng pananggal ng ipis? :D:D:D baka sakali makatulong, pati daga matanggal.

i type at 65 wpm!!! bwhahahahaha!!!!!!

8:59 AM

 
Anonymous ALFHON said...

wahaha... i can relate to that...

7:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home